January 2, 2009

The Time Has Finally Come

I know that people have started blogging. I hear people talk about their blogs and viewing other blogs. I often look at my sister's blog and from there sometimes look at family or friends blogs.

I do facebook, phanfare (for a lot of my pictures), multiple e-mail addresses, and many other things. I love keeping in touch with people and seeing what's going on in their lives but I simply don't have much extra time in my life. My life is fully packed with teaching, planning, grading, church stuff, trying to see family and friends, and then trying to put some time aside for my oh so ever patient husband.

For awhile I was thought the blog thing was kind-of lame. Then I thought that it was pretty cool, but just not for me. I slowly changed to thinking of starting a blog, but thinking that I just don't have time (hence the reason why this blog address has been around since September but I haven't done anything with it till now). I also have wanted to catch up in my journal which has almost come to a screeching halt since the wedding entry, feeling guilty every time I think about it sitting on the shelf gathering dust.

Last night I was catching up with some friends and they all were talking about their blogs. I finally decided to just buckle down and do it. This way I can count this as my journal entries and stop feeling that guilty feeling.

As I said before...my life is crazy. Therefore, I may not have a post as often as all of you. They may be short, just pictures, or no pictures. If everyone gives up on it because I haven't posted anything in awhile, at least I have it for my own journal. But please don't give up on it...just be patient. I guess since it's a new year, I could say this is my New Year Resolution. So, let the blogging begin!

7 comments:

Erika Christiansen said...

Welcome Laura!! I feel really good about you joining the world of blogging... and no worries about how often you post everyone just does it when they can. :)

Kendra said...

Yea!! Finally!!

Heather said...

That was a quick turn around! Welcome.

Jenni said...

Hooray for BNL!! Yeah, I wasn't really that into it when Albert started our blog, but it is fun I suppose.

The Bengtzen Family said...

welcome to the blogging world... don't worry about blogging every day, i only blog once every couple months :)

sadie said...

And my new year's resolution will be to read your blog. We've got a great year ahead of us.

Whitney said...

It's about time! I am glad you have a blog!