June 26, 2010

Christmas Delivery!

I'm so excited to finally announce that Brad and I are expecting a baby on December 23rd! We are definitely hoping that either the baby comes about a week early or a week late (not just a couple days late :) ). We are so excited and definitely a little nervous for this new stage in our lives.

I'm now 14 weeks along and life is getting so much better. My 1st trimester was pretty rough- I was throwing up about once or twice a day, my appetite was pretty much gone, and I had absolutely no energy or motivation. But things are definitely starting to improve- I only threw up three times this week and I feel much more myself.

We've all ready been able to see 3 ultrasounds of the lil' tot because I was threatening miscarriage at one point, my normal 10 week check-up, and a scare of possible appendicitis at the Emergency Room. As much as I don't like some of those scary things to happen there is nothing cooler than seeing that baby grow every time they do an ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat. What a marvelous experience. Life couldn't be better!

6 comments:

Nichole said...

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats Buttars Family!! We're excited for you!

Andrew and Megan said...

LAURA!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! That is so great congratulations! I love it, I should get pregnant and three of us can have wardie babies together!...not happening. But that is awesome, I'm glad you are feeling better too :) I miss you! Congrats!!

Whitney said...

I already told you congrats but wanted to do it again! So excited for you! Sad you had to deal with being sick. Are/were you able to take anything for it? I took zofran and it was a miracle! In fact, I still take half of a pill every so often when the nausea hits. It really is miserable and hard to get through but so worth it once you start feeling better!
Awesome that you have already had 3 ultrasounds (although, the reasons behind them are not so awesome). We get an unltrasound once a month and it is so fun seeing the difference in size and activity each time! And it never gets old hearing the heartbeat!
Anyway, we should get together some time. Its been way too long! Maybe me, you, Molly, and Megan (if we can ever catch her in town) could go out to eat or something!

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Congrats! That is so awesome we are happy for you guys.

sadie said...

Sounds like a crazy pregnancy so far. Hope the rest is a breeze. Soren was born December 16th. Nothing beats having a baby around Christmas time. It is a neat experience.

Katie said...

Congrats! I was so excited to hear the news. Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the 2nd trimester.