March 6, 2012

My One Year Old

























Palmer turned one years old on December 20th!  I can not believe that I have a one year old.  My baby grew up so fast!  A few things about Palmer when he turned one:  he is showing so much personality; he cracks us up daily.  He continues to try to walk, but is really only successful a couple steps at a time.  He has really turned into a daddy's boy and gets quite upset when Brad comes home and then has to leave quickly to go to scouts or something of the sort.  He is still in the 90th+ percentile for his weight and height.  He weighed in at 26 lbs. 10 oz.  and I'm still hauling him around!

We didn't do too much to celebrate his birthday on the 20th due to the craziness of the week.  We gave him one tiny present, sang him "Happy Birthday", and that was about it.  We then had a party with both of our families in January when life had calmed down a bit.  Palmer did so good at his birthday party and loved all of the attention.  I think he loved the cake even more!  He was spoiled by his parents and other family members with more gifts than what he needed but I'm sure he didn't mind.  He was so cute with his cake.  When we sang "Happy Birthday" to him he just looked around in awe.  Then it took him forever to dig into his cake.  He would poke it but wouldn't do more than that.  He would look at me as if he wanted my permission to dig in more.  We eventually had to demonstrate how to eat it.  Once he took a bit he didn't stop for awhile!  Here are some pictures of the celebrations!

On his actual birthday:  He was so funny and would pull a cheesy grin whenever I pulled out the camera. 

What a cutie!



Grandma Leann, Great Grandpa Jerry, and Grandpa Bob


Opening Presents

First taste of cake!

Aww man I love this kid!

Can you tell he loves his chocolate cake? 

Being a big boy and using a spoon!
With Grandma & Grandpa D






1 comment:

The Morton's said...

He is soooo cute! I keeping with my story that he has Grandma's nose. YOUR HOUSE IS DARLING!!!!! I love everything I can see in the background;)